Re: Turning off IPv6 for kernel 2.6.0

On Fri, Feb 20, 2004 at 09:36:45AM -0500, Kirk Lowery wrote:

> The new kernel has IPv6 built in and on boot gives the message "IPv6
> tunneling over IPv4". Problem is that although the network card is
> recognized just fine, I get "no route to network" errors and the

Are these IPv6 errors or IPv4 errors?

Do you have something running that is trying to use IPv6?

I get 1 each "IPv6 tunneling..." and "eth0: no IPv6 routers..." each
boot since I'm not using IPv6, but that is all. All IPv4 works fine.

> Question: how do I turn off IPv6 so I can get the server on the net and
> keep the ipv6 module from loading on boot? I hope I don't have to
> recompile the kernel....

Sorry can't help on that one.

--

Chris Harris <charris@rtcmarketing.com>
GNU/Linux --- The best things in life are free.