Re: better mail organisation

On Friday 20 February 2004 13:06, martin f krafft wrote:
> One of last year's Sysadmin issues (or was it USENIX's ;login:?) had
> an article on mail organisation. The short story was that the guy
> had his mail system configured in such a way to automatically
> maintain a folder hierarchy of correspondents, where each such
> folder receives all mail exchanged (sent and received) with that
> correspondent.

I remember seeing something like that too, and when I got KDE 3.2
installed a few days ago on my laptop, I noticed KMail had "Search
Folders". I just briefly looked at it thinking "oh, so they implemented
this", had a little bit of look around, before I went on to more urgent
matters.

I didn't explore it in any depth, and so I don't know if it does what
you intend, but as I said, it appeared to me to be at least intended as
an implementation of these ideas. So, you might want to check it out.

Cheers,

Kjetil
--
Kjetil Kjernsmo