Re: AW: Bonjour - WAY WAY OT!

On Thu, Feb 19, 2004 at 11:05:13PM -0800, Paul Johnson wrote:

> Reminds me of a self-deprecating joke I heard in Canada once.  "Canada
> could have been good.  It could have had British culture, French
> cuisine and American technology.  Instead, it got American culture,
> British cuisine and French technology."

I have heard that joke too. There is a similarity between the Russian
technology and the French technology. The west was surprised when the
Russians put the sputnik in the skies. When taken care of can be
amazingly powerful and good. This is related to the abstract thinking
versus hands-on, concrete thinking. Compare books in higher
mathematics written by French, Russians, Germans, American, British,
etc. A pattern can be seen.