Re: AW: Bonjour - WAY WAY OT!

On Thu, Feb 19, 2004 at 10:39:44AM -0700, s. keeling wrote:
> Incoming from Marty Landman:
> > At 02:37 PM 2/18/2004, s. keeling wrote:
> >
> > >Of course, there's a lot of people from where I'm from who would dispute
> > >the suggestion that English is spoken anywhere in the US.
> >
> > Heh. Just shows how jealous they all are of what we've managed to do with
> > it since taking it over 200+ years ago. :)
>
> As in KMart, Kwikee-Mart, Walmart, KTel, garnished [sic] wages, and
> PATRIOT Act?  :-P  "Doh!"

I swear to Christ, when I was in France, I said to myself: PLEASE GOD
PLEASE get me back to my land of 500 channels of pablum, my 24-hour
Walmart, my drivethroughs, my land of fakeness and commercials and
wackiness, because I can't stand this 3rd-world country any more!

I felt like I'd stepped ten years into the past, in terms of
technologies and creature comforts.

But that's just me.