Re: [Error w. USB device (under 2.6)], [kernel 2.6, usb nic issues]

Es Dijous Febrer 19 2004 15:50, vares escriure:
> On Wed, 18 Feb 2004, Joan Tur wrote:
> > Thanks for your answer.
> >
> > I've tryed it onto a vanilla 2.6.3 kernel with no luck.  Here's the
> > output from dmesg:
> > - -----
> > usb 2-1: new full speed USB device using address 2
> > usb 2-1: device not accepting address 2, error -110
> > hub 2-0:1.0: Cannot enable port 1.  Maybe the USB cable is bad?
> > - -----
> >
> > Again: thanks  ;)
> >
> > PD  I'm using a Zyxel ZyAir B-220 usb wifi card
>
> Are we talking about the same problem?  I'm referring to your posting
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/debian-user@lists.debian.org/msg82153.html

We aren't.  The above message is my actual error message  O8-)

> which includes the log messages:
>
> - ----
> hub 2-0:1.0: new USB device on port 1, assigned address 6
> drivers/usb/core/config.c: invalid interface number (1/1)
> usb 2-1: can't read configurations, error -22
> hub 2-0:1.0: new USB device on port 1, assigned address 7
> drivers/usb/core/config.c: invalid interface number (1/1)
> usb 2-1: can't read configurations, error -22
> - ----
>
> If you got those messages before, then you got past the point of accepting
> the device address and enabling the port, the problem mentioned here.
> The patch I sent you has no effect on the "device not accepting address"
> error.  That's much more likely to be a problem in the device itself or
> in your USB cable, not in the kernel.
>
> Alan Stern
Ok, now I see.  Anyway it is not an USB cable problem (tested successfully
under XP).

Thanks.

- --
Joan Tur (aka Quini), Eivissa-Spain