Are there any known problems when using apt-get dist-upgrade

Hello!

Since there are some very serious security problems in the Linux kernel
of version 2.4 I wanted to update my debian system in order to get the
current Linux kernel 2.6.

So, by calling apt-get dist-upgrade with root permissions I get the
following output:

723 updated, 72 new installed, 8 to delete and 4 not-updated.
After unpacking 151MB of extra memory are needed.

However, I am working on some *very* important projects at the
moment. So, if there is any risk of getting a system crash by updating
the os, please warn me or just say "no".

Thanks.

Yours
Moritz