Re: Home Mail Server

----- Original Message -----
From: "Antonio Rodriguez" <arodriguez31@cfl.rr.com>
To: <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Thursday, February 19, 2004 9:37 PM
Subject: Re: Home Mail Server

> On Thu, Feb 19, 2004 at 09:23:22PM +1000, Peter A. Cole wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm trying to set up a home mail server here (have had previous posts
re:
> > Exim) and I've discovered I now need to concentrate on sendmail due to
> > wanting to utilise the benefits of mimedefang.
>
> man procmail, man procmailrc, man procmailex
>
> mail is delivered to your machine by fetchmail, filtered through the
> procmail recipes (very simple to create) which will make local copies,
> redirect them to whereever you want (exim), etc. Your choice.
> HTH
> AR

Thanks Antonio,

I have actually been through those man pages, and they did enlighten me to a
few things I didn't know before. Then again, that's not hard as I don't know
much about Linux mail servers yet  :-)

I'm more after whether I should be going down the path of individual mbox's
for each user or just leaving it to go into /var/mail/username.

Pete