Re: Packaging quality

On Wed, Feb 18, 2004 at 09:56:03PM -0800, Paul Johnson wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 18, 2004 at 08:02:02PM +0000, Pigeon wrote:
> > I say this because I've just broken a remote box doing an apt-get
> > upgrade - security upgrades to woody - which Isn't Supposed To Happen.
> > Don't know exactly how, because ssh is one of the things that broke...
>
> Is it just me, or has package quality been suffering since the
> developers had to start tracking three versions instead of two, making
> up to 33 packages of the same software, one for each version on each
> architecture (instead of up to 22)?

I don't believe that that has a significant effect: firstly, it's not
significant effort to keep track of, and secondly, most developers don't
bother to keep track of what's running on other architectures all that
often. I can certainly personally guarantee you that it has absolutely
no effect on ssh.

If you track down a specific problem with ssh (as opposed to random
sniping about package quality), I'll be more than happy to fix it as
best I can.