Re: Fwd: Xfree86: "no screens found" with default configuration

Hello

John Christian (<johnc909@comcast.net>) wrote:

> [XFree does not work]

> Ok ... I've gone through my config this way, looking for any obvious
> badnesses ... I'm using the i810 driver as
> per the instructions on Intel's site for the 845GE graphics chip ...
> so i810 looks like what I should be using.
>
> The only (EE) message happens at the very end (full output attached if
> it's possibly more revealing):
>
> (II) I810: Driver for Intel i810 chipset: i810, i810-dc100, i810e,
> i815 (II) Primary Device is: PCI 00:02:0
> (--) Assigning device section with no busID to primary device
> (EE) No devices detected.
>
> Fatal server error:
> no screens found

Looks like your chip is not supported by the i810 driver in XFree 4.1.
Check the xfree86 Website (under Support and Documentation). I think
you either haveto upgrade to a newer version of XFree or use the vesa
driver instead. Maybe Intel also offers drivers that work with XFree
4.1.

best regards
        Andreas Janssen

PGP-Key-ID: 0xDC801674