Re: script on boot

Simon Buchanan wrote:
> Wondering if some one could give me a bit of help :). Just recently
> have choosen debian  for all our servers over redhat after being a
> redhat user for 5 years...
>
> on redhat there is a /etc/rc.d/rc.local which is handy for adding
> 'things_that_you_want_to_run_after_boot'... but in debian (woody)
> there is no such option.
>
> What is the correct method of performing the same task(s) on debian?
>
> Thanks, Simon

Add your script(s) to the /etc/init.d directory and run update-rc.d

Also there is a lot of info like this on qref.sourceforge.net
http://qref.sourceforge.net/Debian/reference/ch-system.en.html#s-customb
ootscripts

And don't forget the Debian Faq:
http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debian-faq/ch-customizing.en.html#s-cu