Re:bootup hardware scans

I have this file--does the normal knoppix 2.78 on bootup do this?
I would like to skip sound because I do not have a correctly supported audio
card at present. The following entries are in the file:

# Scan for the following types of hardware at boot time:
#boot bridge cdrom disk ethernet ide scsi sound usb video
boot all

If I do not do "boot all", are the entries above it inclusive so I am safe in
simply deleting sound?

(I have the OSS usb-midi blocked in the  /etc/hotplug/blacklist file entry so
alsa's driver can service this. Another MIDI sound-generator card has no
footprint and I explicitely assigned the alsa mpu401 to its port address to
service it.)

On Wednesday 18 February 2004 19:18,