Upgrading kernel... no version in current package!

I'm new to Debian and only recently set up my first "working" system.
Following the security advisory today, I attempted to upgrade my kernel
with 'apt-get update' and 'apt-get upgrade'.  It doesn't show any
updates available.  I do have the update server in my sources.list:

0:# cat /etc/apt/sources.list
deb ftp://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ stable main
deb-src ftp://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ stable main
deb http://security.debian.org/ stable/updates main

Could the problem be that there is no version associated with the stock
kernel?

0:# dpkg -l kernel-image
| Status=Not/Installed/Config-files/Unpacked/Failed-config/Half-install
| ed
|uppercase=bad)|/ Name           Version        Description
=======
un  kernel-image   <none>         (no description available)

What's the best way to fix this?  Should I wget the packages and install
them with dpkg -i?  Will that fix it so that apt-get recognizes a new
version later?  I don't want to hose this system; it's running a small
Web server for my DAoC guild forums. :o)

Thanks,
Krum