Re: Bonjour

On Wed, Feb 18, 2004 at 10:39:22AM +0100, Pierre-François Gandolfo wrote:
> Le 17 février à 12:06, Paul Johnson a écrit:
> > On Tue, Feb 17, 2004 at 05:03:02PM -0000, Jean Baptiste Sarr wrote:
> > > Au moment de convertir une th?se, je re?ois le message suivant : .Contenu de : ../X/Tmp/Xvfb.log
> > > Could not init font path element/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/CID/, removing from list !
> > > Pouvez-vous m'expliquer ce que cela veut dire et que faire s'il vous pla?t ?
> >
> > This isn't Quebec, speak English!
>
> It seems either you did not learn geography at school, or you do not
> apreciate french-speaking people. When people sometimes speak Italian or
> Spanish here, they never receive such a response.
> And Dakar is not in Quebec.
>
> --
> Pierre-François Gandolfo
> Disapointed French Debian user

Pierre, I ask you to notice that there are many that don't mind seeing
other languages spoken here (or written). Many will shout (if you pay
attention, these are basically people for whom English is the only
language), but there are also others who understand several languages
and know that the planet is populated by beings that speak in
different ways. In general, the demand of keeping the communication
tool English does not imply the bullying and offense of those that
might use (by mistake or whatever reason) other languages. It sadly
happens, but clearly not all members like this type of
behavior. Usually those who shout louder are not in the greater
numbers. I am asking you to remember that Debian is an international
project, and therefore you and any other human being will be welcomed
here. It may be the case that the users list in the given language
doesn't exist, or that it doesn't have sufficient strength. It seems
to me that in that case, or in others that we can't foresee, the
person should be able to ask for here or in any other place, without
fearing been attacked just because (h,s)he doesn't speak the
mainstream language of the given list.