mutt - smime problem

Mutt with gnupg on unstable worked well untill this morning.

Then suddenly I could not sign email or when I choose to verify a
signature mutt display the following problem:

Error loading file /home/js/.smime/ca-bundle.crt
5369:error:02001002:system library:fopen:No such file or
5369:error:2006D080:BIO routines:BIO_new_file:no such
5369:error:0B084002:x509 certificate

I had no ~/.smime directory.

What went wrong?

Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned
      every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on
      him the iniquity of us all."         Isaiah 53:6