Re: Dual boot

On Tue, Feb 17, 2004 at 02:16:06PM -0600, Kent West wrote:

> I can get all the OSes installed and working, but as soon as I run lilo
> to fix the mbr, WinXP becomes unbootable; the drive letter changes from
> D: (which is how WinXP installed) to E:. I've been unable to repair XP
> in any way except to do a clean install. The clean install works fine,
> until I re-run lilo to fix the mbr, and then the drive letter in XP
> shifts again and XP again becomes unbootable.

I'm no WinXPert (sigh of relief), but I found a ref. to an MS knowledge
base article Q223188 that is referred to in the case of using 3rd party
partitioning tools that change the boot drive.  Haven't read it, but
maybe it helps.  (My ref. claims the steps are the same for XP).

--

Chris Harris <charris@rtcmarketing.com>
GNU/Linux --- The best things in life are free.