Re: Dual boot

On 2004-02-17, Michael Satterwhite penned:

> Has anyone set up Debian on a machine that dual boots with Win2K? If
> so, are there any "gotchas" that I ought to be aware of?

Nah, although it makes life easier if you install windows first, because
otherwise you'll need to find a boot disk and re-run lilo.

I do seem to recall something about windows wanting to be installed in
the first 8G of the drive, and I don't think that was fixed as of win2k.
This is a bit of a pain since win2k doesn't let you specify a /boot
partition or anything, so you basically have to make sure that the
partition win2k resides on is entirely within the 8G boundary.

--
monique