Re: parted bootdisk: where can I find it?

On 2004-02-17, Johann Spies penned:

> --jI8keyz6grp/JLjh Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
>
> According to the documentation the images should be at=20
> ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/parted/bootdisk but it that is not the case.
>
> Does anybody on this list know about an alternative url?
>
> It would be great if these images could be included in the debian
> packages of parted.

The problem is that the gnu server was compromised a few months back,
and apparently they still haven't verified that the parted boot images
they have on hand are correct.

If you'd like, you can email me directly and I can make the 1.6.2
version available to you.  Unfortunately, you'd have to take my word
that they're "real."

To be honest, I'm not sure it makes a whole lot of sense to include the
boot images in the debian package.  But even if that is a good idea, I
don't know if the latest boot images are available right now from a
trusted source.

--
monique