Re: [Fwd: Re: librrds-perl]

On Tuesday 17 February 2004 13:55, Dave Howorth wrote:
> Oops, forgot to send to the list ...
>
> Stefan Vunckx wrote:
> > I want to install librdds-perl on my server but:
> > "Sorry, but the following packages have unmet dependencies:
> >   librrds-perl: Depends: perlapi-5.6.1"
>
> Sounds like you're trying to install the package from stable.
>
> > I have perl-5.8.2  installed but this doesn't seem to provide a perlapi
> > package ?? Anyone got a workaround for this ??
>
> Sounds like you have perl from testing or unstable installed.
>
> If both of these are true, you need to get your librrds-perl from the
> same release you got your perl from.
>
> Cheers, Dave

Mmm yes you are correct.

Once again I was a bit too fast to ask questions instead of finding out for
myself. Turns out I had commented the testing sources in sources.list and
thus it found the same version for stable as for testing. Stupid stupid, it
works now, thank you for pointing out my stupid mistake hehe.

But I still have a question. Is there actually a safe way to downgrade a
package (like say perl) without losing so many packages that depend on
perl ?? Makes me want to think 3 times instead of the usual 2 before
upgrading important packages ...

Regards
Stefan Vunckx