lost nic

I've had woody on a p2-133 for several days now, working fine. Earlier today my xp workstation complained that a network cable got detached. Turns out my debian box can no longer connect with anything on my lan.

ping localhost works, otherwise nothing comes in or goes out. the rest of my lan (4 other boxes running rh9, fbsd4.8, win xp & win98) is all ok.

the nic is a netgear fa310tx.

both lights are on on the nic with the cable plugged in. the light on the switch is also on. when I switched cables at the switch only, the symptoms remained the same; likewise when I swapped cables going into this box and a rh9 box next to it.

So, am I left with having to go into the box to see if the nic needs reseating? Or is there anything more I can do from my desk?

Marty Landman   Face 2 Interface Inc 845-679-9387
This Month's New Quiz --- Past Superbowl Winners