Re: Idiot needs PPP help

stephen HARGREAVES wrote:

Hi all

OK - I'm an idiot - but now I'm an idiot with a problem.

After a crash, I rebooted to find that some of the ppp files had vanished.
No problem, I thought - uninstall ppp and re-install from my installation
disk - except it doesn't (re-install) and now I have no dial up from linux.

Is there any way I can recover this situation without a fresh install of the
system?

Steve

Did you do apt-get install ppp?
Did you run pppconfig?
Do you remember which files are missing?
Have you tried another dialer, like kppp?
THere are extremely few problems that would require a reinstall.
With more info someone should find a solution to your problem.
Jerry