Re: cdparanoia & a song in negative space

On Sun, Feb 15, 2004 at 06:22:53PM +0000, i'll teach you to turn away. wrote:
> 	yeah, ripping the whole cd just doesn't see the negative space. i
> don't even know how they recorded this, let alone how i can get it off

They probably used a microphone?  Seriously, this might be yet another
CDDA obfuscation attempt, as well as a cdparanoia limitation.  You may
want to try other ripping programs and/or OS environments.  Googling for
the album title/sharing your experience with fellow rippers possessing
this CD may help.

> (digitally - i can always record it to cassette & take that to .wav, heh.)

This may be a reasonable approach, if your stereo is of a sufficient
quality.  I remember reading about the Rudolfinum recording studio here
in Prague, with equipment worth some hundreds kilobucks, using the
cassette as a kind of an audio filter.

> thanks anyhow for your reply.

Asking the cdparanoia freaks^H^H^H^H^H^Hpeople would probably serve you
best.  I'd be really interested in the resolution, please keep me CC'd.

--
Not every country in central Europe is a poor, small place with bad
roads, corrupt officials, a rackety Russian-built nuclear-power