Re: How to install Debian with Promise FastTrak 376 chip onboard?

On Sat, Feb 14, 2004 at 05:17:39PM +0100, Danny wrote:
> Hi Antony,
>
> you are the man, which saved me! Install with the help of your webpage was
> easy and fast and the installer detected my harddisk (no raid). But now
> after reboot, I can't boot. Grub crashes and showed only the Grub prompt at
> the bottom of the screen.
>
> How can I boot with your driver?

I don't use grub, so can't be of much help.  I don't know why you have
grub on a fresh system, as the default Woody bootloader is lilo.  You
will need to boot from an initrd, which the Woody installer should set
up for you, based on the fact that you provided the ft3xx.o module
at install-time.

Please don't CC me.  Also _please_ read the following before posting:
Documentation - http://www.debian.org/doc/
FAQ - http://www.debian.org/doc/FAQ/
Install manual (i386) - http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/install