Re: Linux Compatibility Issue

On 2004-02-14, Abdul Latip penned:
> Hello:
>
> Once in a while, users are asking me about the compatibilty problem of
> Linux. They reasoning that M$Office can be installed anywhere like
> Win98, WinME, WinNT, et. al. Whereas it is hard to install a RedHat
> package into Debian, and so on.

Actually, I have a whole pile of coasters that used to be useful windows
install CDs -- Photoshop, Exceed, and a ton of games.  Many apps that
were developed for the non-NT systems (win98, winME) won't even
install, let alone run, on winNT, 2k, and XP.

With OSS, at least I can grab the source code and attempt to build a
custom version for my system.  In the Windows world, I'm stuck.

--
monique