URGENT -- Apt-get fiasco

Dear friends:

[Using Xandros 2.0/Debian]

This morning I noticed that I could no longer install anything from Xandros
Networks. I drew the conclusion that I had been pushing the envelope to the
breaking point, installing from all sorts of sources, including unstable
(though with a /etc/apt/preferences file). Humbled by this experience, I
figured that I had better do a complete, fresh install of Xandros 2.0
Standard and this time really be strict and disciplined with myself. So, I
deleted the entire installation and started from scratch. This time, I
restricted myself to Xandros Networks and only to its two default sources (XN
1 and XN 2). In fact, I installed Xandros' own applications first and only
then was about to start installing some applications from the second XN
unsupported Debian source in XN. And suddenly, after a good 3 or 4 hours of
installation, with what looks like a perfect installation, XN seems to have
collapsed. I cannot install ANYTHING, including XN's own applications, i.e.
from XN1 (with the default XN symbol) using the STANDARD option under Edit,
Standard (instead of Expert). I've tried at least a dozen of them and they
all give me the same error message. Please click on this link for a
screenshot:

http://www.websher.net/xn-1.png

And here is the output from the console when I tried to install this same
file, the GCC 3.3 development files using apt-get:

Dell:/# apt-get -f install gcc-3.3
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
You might want to run `apt-get -f install' to correct these:
synaptic: Depends: libatk1.0-0 (>= 1.4.1) but 1.2.4-1 is to be installed
Depends: libc6 (>= 2.3.2.ds1-4) but 2.3.2-7 is to be installed
Depends: libgcc1 (>= 1:3.3.2-1) but 1:3.3.2-0pre5 is to be installed
Depends: libstdc++5 (>= 1:3.3.2-1) but 1:3.3.2-0pre5 is to be installed
Depends: libxml2 (>= 2.6.2) but 2.5.11-2 is to be installed
Depends: libzvt2.0-0 (>= 2.0.1cvs20021009-1) but it is not going to be
installed
Depends: zlib1g (>= 1:1.2.1) but 1:1.1.4-15 is to be installed
Depends: gksu but it is not going to be installed
Depends: scrollkeeper but it is not going to be installed
E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify a
solution).
Dell:/#

None of this makes any sense to me. I did try to use the Xandros Restore
function, but it didn't make any difference whatsoever.

I would very much appreciate your help and advice. I have no idea what's going
on and how to proceed.

Thank you so very much.

Benjamin