Re: Experiment, partial positive results: 2.6.2

I intend to go over to a 2.6.* once I have the mouse working and know how to
upgrade alsa to use the drivers that are now in the kernel. (One for my audio
card is not there and will need be patched in or run as module when it
exists--the MIDI was working.)

I do not believe the inability to get an initrd working for the 2.4.22-xfs
kernel was anything corrected in 2.6. The 2.6 has cramfs compiled in but a gz
initrd image would not work with the 2.4.22. Anyway, could you point me to
the change documentation for the new kernel?