Installing on server with LSI Logic 1030

Hi,

I'm trying to install Woody on an server machine with no IDE controller,
just a built-in LSI Logic 1030 SCSI controller.

I've been using bf2.4, since this machine has got no PS/2 keyboard
connector, just USB.  I see that the installer provides the opportunity
to load modules from a floppy, but unfortunately this machine has no
floppy drive, either.  (I understand why they try to keep these servers
as minimalist as possible, but it's really quite a pain!)

Anyway, I'm not sure where I'd find an appropriate module.  All I've found
so far comes from the manufacturer, and it's some Red Hat/SUSE-specific
disks, and a kernel patch, not stand-alone modules.  There's also the
modules preload floppy at http://people.debian.org/~blade/install/preload/
Does this contain an appropriate module?  If I could find the modules I
need, could I just add them to the CD image, and then switch to another
VT at the right time and insmod them myself?

Assuming I do get the installation to work, how am I going to make the
jump to getting it to boot from the hard drive?  I'll need the driver
compiled into the kernel, but how do I get there?  Can I boot from a
CD, load the appropriate module, and then re-mount my root file system, so
that I can build and install the kernel on my hard drive?

Thanks for help,
Dave