Ext3 journaling errors

My system's hard drive is partitioned into three ext3 drives. Recently,
these drives haven't been mounting correctly as system boot, and they
don't save any data once the system shuts down. The kernel message is a
whole bunch of lines similar to these:

Feb 14 00:23:12 herby kernel: attempt to access beyond end of device
Feb 14 00:23:12 herby kernel: hda4: rw=0, want=1940101904, limit=24418800
Feb 14 00:23:12 herby kernel: attempt to access beyond end of device
Feb 14 00:23:12 herby kernel: hda4: rw=0, want=1667988256, limit=24418800

Once I Ctrl-D out of the system shell, everything works normally.
However, when I shut the system down or unmount any of the partitions,
all modifications since the system was turned on are gone. If I run fsck
on the unmounted partitions, fsck says that there is journal data, but
the recovery flag is clear. It then asks if I want to clear the journal
and neither yes or no seem to do anything to change the output.

I am running Debian Unstable, last updated Sat Feb 14 00:47. Whenever I
reboot however, I have to download the latest updates as if I had never
gotten them. I am using a custom built 2.6.2 kernel, and I get the same
errors with identically configured 2.6.0 and 2.6.1 builds.

Am I SOL, or is there a journaling bug of some sort in 2.6.2/Unstable
right now? Also, is there a way to manually apply a journal file to a
partition?

Please CC me as I am not subscribed.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Nathan