Re: Debian does not have NIC driver

Anil Gupte wrote:
I am relatively new to Debian, so please forgive me if the dumb factor is high. I am trying to install debian from disks (rescue.bin, root.bin, driver-x.bin) and I cannot get it to install the Network drivers. The Network card is an Intel Pro1000 and the driver does not appear to be on any of the disks. First question is, can anyone tell me where the driver is? Dell and Intel only appear to have Red Hat versions. If and when I do find it, how do I get it on the disks? I cannot use the CD ROM right now, and I want to load the base system over FTP, so I really need the network connectivity. Thanx for any help.
Anil Gupte

You'll need to compile a kernel:

http://newbiedoc.sourceforge.net/system/kernel-pkg.html

Good luck, I was only doing this for the first time not so long ago :)

Joe