Re: Kernel 2.6.2 and mouse problems

On Thu, Feb 12, 2004 at 10:34:45AM +0100, Magnus Therning wrote:
> Make sure that your configuration of X uses the proper device for the
> mouse. I got mine working (well, half working anyway) by using
> /dev/input/mice .

/dev/input/mice combines all mice on the system emulated as imps2 on 2.6
kernels. (which is quite convenient if you have more then one mice).

IIRC each individual mouse can be accessed in /dev/input/mouse<n>,
probably in raw mode, at least usb ones.

A ps2 mouse is still accessible through /dev/psaux in raw mode and
serial mouse through /dev/ttys<n>.

You can try cat those files to see if you get any output when the mouse
moves.