Kernel 2.6.2 and mouse problems

Hello,

Has anyone else experienced mouse problems with Kernel 2.6.2?
I just compiled with make-kpkg.  Everything seems to work but
I get synchonazation problems with psmouse.c and mouse does not
function properly in either X or a console.  Same problem.  If
I try to move the mouse it goes all over the place.  I tried
mdetect and gpmconfig.  Nothing worked.  It is a logitech Cordless
Mouseman Optical.

GPM is setup as:

Current configuration: -m /dev/psaux -t imps2
Device: /dev/psaux
Type: imps2

This works fine in 2.4.18 (which is what I have reverted back to
until I discover the problem with 2.6.2).

Lance