general permissions

Hi all,

Just a general permission queston.  I have a directory that is world
writeable.  When someone writes something to this directory, it gets
permissions -rw------- for the user who wrote it.  So no one else can read
it.  The idea is that the contents of this directory is world readable and
writeable, or at least readable by the owner of the directory.

How can I set the directory permissions so that files will always be created
at lease a+rw or that it is set to belong to the owner of the directory?

Thanks
--
Kind regards
Hans du Plooy