Re: Getting DRI going for Mach64 (was laptop HW detection ... )

On Wed, Feb 11, 2004 at 09:56:32PM +0100, Arnt Karlsen wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 14:49:48 +0200,
> Micha Feigin <michf@post.tau.ac.il> wrote in message
> <[🔎] 20040211124948.GH3854@luna.mooo.com>:
>
> > On Wed, Feb 11, 2004 at 09:30:00AM +0100, David Baron wrote:
> > > <<<<<<<
> > > Make sure you have the following line in the module section
> > >         Load    "dri"
> > >
> > > Also add the following section if it doesn't exist
> > > Section "DRI"
> > >         Mode    0666
> > > EndSection
> > > <<<<<<<<
> > >
> > > These have been there. The rest of the files, XF86Config and -4 look
> > > to be in order. Most GL apps still do not come up. The Quake window
> > > comes up but does not paint its contents, hangs.
> > >
> > > Do I need the call any of the new modules in /etc/modules. Is there
> > > anything else that needs to be touched to make this stuff work?
> > >

> > Make sure the mach64 and the agpgart kernel module are loaded and
> > check that the use count at least on the mach64 goes up to 1 when X is
> > started.
> >
> > Try running glxinfo and see near the top if it reports that dri is
> > enabled.
> >
> > Look in /var/log/XFree86.0.log to see if there are any error messages
> > related to drm/dri. Also look to see that the mach64 is recognized
> > properly (or mail the file if you don't understand the errors).
>
> ..post the file, there are more of us mach64 people here, I've got
> 2 and can use this thread as an howto reference. ;-)

In that case, just to clear things up (there was also some stuff going
in private email), there are three things you need in order to get dri
running:

1. The mach64 xserver (in the xserver package).
2. The mesa libraries (in the xlibmesa packages).
3. The mach64 drm kernel module (in the src package). Take note that this
   needs to be compile for you kernel. The sources are put in
   /usr/src/drm-mach64.tar.gz. They need to untared which goes into the
   directory modules/drm-mach64 and then need to be compiled for your
   kernel. There is a small bug with that package that won't let it
   compile, replace the modules/drm-mach64/debian/control.m4 file with
   the attached one and it should solve it.
   I will have to see about the requirements for compiling it (I need
   to see if the whole kernel source needs to be fetched). Anyway, if
   you have a kernel source tree then in its top directory you need to
   do make-kpkg --revision <revision> --added-modules drm-mach64 modules-image
   The will builg the drm-mach64 deb.

> --
> ..med vennlig hilsen = with Kind Regards from Arnt... ;-)
> ...with a number of polar bear hunters in his ancestry...
>   Scenarios always come in sets of three:
>   best case, worst case, and just in case.
>

> --

>  at the Tel-Aviv University CC.

Section: graphics
Maintainer: KMAINT <KEMAIL>
Standards-Version: 3.0.1
source: drm-mach64-module-KVERS

Package: drm-mach64-module-KVERS
Architecture: any
Provides: drm-mach64-module
 This package provides the DRM modules for kernel version KVERS
 required for 3D hardware acceleration.
 .
 These modules were built from the mach64 branch of the DRI CVS repository.