Re: Getting DRI going for Mach64 (was laptop HW detection ... )

On Wed, Feb 11, 2004 at 09:30:00AM +0100, David Baron wrote:
> <<<<<<<
> Make sure you have the following line in the module section
>         Load    "dri"
>
> Also add the following section if it doesn't exist
> Section "DRI"
>         Mode    0666
> EndSection
> <<<<<<<<
>
> These have been there. The rest of the files, XF86Config and -4 look to be in
> order. Most GL apps still do not come up. The Quake window comes up but does
> not paint its contents, hangs.
>
> Do I need the call any of the new modules in /etc/modules. Is there anything
> else that needs to be touched to make this stuff work?

Make sure the mach64 and the agpgart kernel module are loaded and check
that the use count at least on the mach64 goes up to 1 when X is
started.

Try running glxinfo and see near the top if it reports that dri is
enabled.

Look in /var/log/XFree86.0.log to see if there are any error messages
related to drm/dri. Also look to see that the mach64 is recognized
properly (or mail the file if you don't understand the errors).