Re: odd errors in dmesg log

On Mon, Feb 09, 2004 at 10:40:33PM -0500, George wrote:
> 4) apm: BIOS version 1.2 Flags 0x07 (Driver version 1.16ac)
>    apm: overridden by ACPI.

ACPI & APM support can't work together.  Thus:

/usr/src/linux/Documentation/Configure.help:
  If both ACPI and Advanced Power Management (APM) support are
  configured, whichever is loaded first shall be used.

If ACPI can't do for you what APM can, something like acpi=off on the
kernel command line should do, or simply don't load the ACPI module(s),
and the APM module shall load ok.

HTH

--
Jan Minar                   "Please don't CC me, I'm subscribed." x 9