Re: hi QUESTION

Am Mi, den 11.02.2004 schrieb ~Honorable Dr Lou Who um 08:56:
> Nice site! Question
>
> Why don't you have installs for like Compaq 850 Intel chips? Or old
> 200 chips? or 500 Athelons, NOT SERIAL number codes?

First, there is no such thing as a "Compaq 850 Intel chip". These are
only Intel chips inside a compaq PC. And you should damnwell know that.

> Or any of my other pc's and old laptops and pc that run windows?
>
> Like my 160 chip pc with 256 megs of ram

I'm beginning to wonder what on earth you are meaning with "chip".
Mainboard chipset?
CPU?

>  or my 200 athelon chip?

Do you realize how many "chips" are in your computer? What you are
talking about is a CPU not a "chip"!

> I have a Compaq Presario but testing in a generic 200 Pentium PC,
> guess you have NOT advanced in 5 years CAUSE....
>
> All you have is
>

> Installation Manual for Alpha
> Installation Manual for ARM
> Installation Manual for HP PA-RISC
> Installation Manual for Intel x86
> Installation Manual for Intel IA-64
> Installation Manual for Motorola 680x0
> Installation Manual for MIPS
> Installation Manual for MIPS (DEC)
> Installation Manual for PowerPC
> Installation Manual for IBM S/390
> Installation Manual for SPARC
>
> Please contact me when you make operating systems for the rest of the
> 99.99% of us!

Please do not assume the intelligence of 99% of PC users. For most of
them it should be clear what their ARCH is. In your case
it is Intel x86 what you should have known
already.

> If that's suppose to be where I start to find this,
>
> NO ONE WILL EVER INSTALL, couldn't you have kept it simpler for
> beginner who switch from MS????\

See my other mail. GO AND BUY SuSE, Mandrake or *whatever*. They are
beginner friendly, easy to install and configure. Debian is not.

> Like, what person in there right mind knows even what your talking
> about above or where to proceed?

RTFM then. Last time i checked the documentation on Debian.org was
excellent.

> And if you tell a Windows ME person like me, with Linux websites that
> don't understand ANY of the LINUX
>
> sites, that's bad.
>
> YOU MUST ELABORATE ON ABOVE LINKS, like for PC266 chips to 1.2 gigs
> Pentium and the next Athelon.

Dude! The CPU's you list are x86. There is a damn x86 link above so wtf?
If *you* do not
know what x86 is that's your problem not ours.

You appear to be absolutely clueless in PC things to me. Why on earth
would you want to run Linux? Because it's l33t?

> Gee's this is bad! Then to tell me or any user to read 4,000 PAGES AND
> COME BACK!

Because it's Linux. No Clicky-Clicky installation here. You'll have to
use you brain.

If you are to lazy that's you fault.

> Really now! Apparently you don't want it to succeed!

*sigh*

If you are not willing to learn, stay with Windows.
--
Matthias Hentges
Cologne / Germany

[www.hentges.net] -> PGP welcome, HTML tolerated
ICQ: 97 26 97 4   -> No files, no URL's

My OS: Debian Woody. Geek by Nature, Linux by Choice