Re: ssh -X from A through B to C

Mark Gillingham wrote:
>I'm confused by ssh -X. The box that has my CVS work is on a private
>network. If I'm on that private network, I can forward X from the box
>to my Mac 10.2 box. If I'm outside the network, I can ssh to another
>box on the private network with a public IP and then ssh again to the
>private box. I cannot, however, ssh -X from A (outside the private
>network) to B (on the private network with a public address) to C (on
>the private network without a public address). I suspect this has to
>do with .xauth-esque privilege settings. Where to I go to hunt this
>down?

Try:

  ssh -X B xclock

..to see if B allows X to be forwarded. And:

  ssh -X B ssh -X C xclock

..to see is C allows the same from B. If either of them fails (not
showing you a clock), repeat it with verbosity enabled (-v) and try to
figure something out of that. If in trouble, ask here.

--
Cristian Gutierrez			http://www.dcc.uchile.cl/~crgutier
crgutier[@]dcc.uchile.cl                        Jabber:crgutier@jabber.org

The three most dangerous things are a programmer with a soldering iron, a
manager who codes, and a user who gets ideas.