Re: fetchmail with multiple accounts

On Tue, Feb 10, 2004 at 02:58:01PM -0700, Monique Y. Herman wrote:
> You can poll as many accounts as you'd like and dump them all to the
> same spool file.  Fetchmail doesn't care.  But maybe I don't understand
> your question properly, as you talk about adding a header, and I don't
> see why you would want this ...

I learned that you can specify multiple users per sever in .fetchmailrc
in fetchmail's manpage:

[begin]
It's  possible  to  specify more than one user per server (this is only
likely to be useful when running fetchmail in  daemon  mode  as  root).
The  `user' keyword leads off a user description, and every user speci-
fication in a multi-user entry must include it.  Here's an example:

poll pop.provider.net proto pop3 port 3111
     user "jsmith" with pass "secret1" is "smith" here
     user jones with pass "secret2" is "jjones" here keep
[end]

Does this mean that polling multiple accounts from the same server will
make only a single connection and is therefore roughly no more expensive
than forwarding all the same mail to a single account?

In particular, if you have "ssl" for all users, will a single SSL
session be established?