sshd - allow key access

Hi all,

I've just installed debian for the first time on my xbox. I'm fairly
familiar with redhat, but this is a first for using debian.

I'm trying to get SSH to allow access via public key. I've added my
public key to /root/.ssh/authorized_keys, I also set the following
lines in my sshd_config file:

RSAAuthentication yes
PubkeyAuthentication yes
AuthorizedKeysFile      %h/.ssh/authorized_keys

I think restarted (i think?) sshd by running:

/etc/init.d/ssh reload

However when I try to log in, it still asks for the root password
rather than letting me in through my key.

Any ideas?

--
Best regards,
 Paul                          mailto:paul@fubra.com