Re: how to set mouse color?

On Wed, 2004-02-04 at 15:30, David Morse wrote:
> My mouse cursor is mighty hard to find.  Does anyone know of a program
> which will make it red+white (instead of black+white)?  I tried
> xsetroot, but that only affects the root window.  I need red for all
> windows.

You will probably need a newer version of X. I think X 4.3 is the first
to support color mouse cursors. 4.3 is in experimental. You will need to
add

#experimental
deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian ../project/experimental main contrib
non-free

to your sources.list and (I can't remember exactly) I think "apt-get -t
experimental x-window-system" Then you can use any of the cursor themes
here: http://kde-look.org/index.php?xcontentmode=36

> Also, anyone know of a technique to get mouse-trails?  I have nvidia
> hardware, and heard they had some way of doing that, but couldn't find
> any link.

Not sure about this one. I am guessing that changing the cursor color
will remove some of the need for that though, right?
--
Mark Roach