Re: USB surround sound - what's my chances?

Jonathan Melhuish wrote:

There's a logic3 5.1 surround sound USB sound card going on eBay, which looks like exactly what I was after: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2785283904&category=3701&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBWA%3AIT&rd=1

But the question is, what's my chances of getting it working under Debian?

Okay, let me rephrase that.  Are most USB soundcards generally standard
"USB Audio" devices?  Are surround sound ones usually just several "USB
Audio" devices?

I'm not looking for a definative answer here, just an idea of whether
it's worth buying and selling on if it doesn't work.

Cheers,

Jon