recompiling kernel: sound

I must be missing something ungodly obvious ...

Okay, installed kernel image 2.4.24-1-k7.  I have sound:

luigi:~# lsmod | grep audio
i810_audio             24124   2
ac97_codec             13428   0  [i810_audio]
soundcore               3972   2  [i810_audio]

luigi:~# lspci | grep audio
00:02.7 Multimedia audio controller: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS]
Sound Controller (rev a0)

Now I've pulled down the source to 2.4.24-2.  I copied the .config file
from the kernel-image package and did a `make oldconfig`, then ran `make
xconfig` to remove all the cruft I *don't* need.

The thing is ... I can't figure out which of drivers under Sound I need.
I see no reference to ac97; none to SiS.  I also see no such stuff when
grepping around in the .config.

How do I figure out which of the sound drivers listed in the kernel
compilation menu corresponds to the modules I clearly have installed
right now?

--
monique