Re: Booting from 2nd HD with raid1

hi ya frederic

On Thu, 5 Feb 2004, [ISO-8859-1] Frédéric Dreier wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I can't make lilo booting from my 2nd HD on my RAID1 installation
> (simulating 1st hd failure).. normal booting and booting from 1st HD is ok.
>
> lilo hangs after:
> LILO 2.22 .................................

what does your lilo.conf look like
	- you only need one lilo.conf

	- simply disconnecting hda should allow you to boot
	off hdc without having to touch/type anything

	important lines in the lilo.conf file
		boot=/dev/md0
		root=/dev/md0

what is the partition type of the disk
	fdisk -l /dev/hda
	fdisk -l /dev/hdc

== do NOT use disks on the same ide cable in raid1 for booting
   	- some bios doesnt see the hdb if hda is missing

-- if you are booting of hde/hdg...
	temporarily move it to hda and hdc for simple testing of lilo
	booting process

	- some bios doesnt boot from disks not connected to
	the ide0/ide1 ports on the motherboard

c ya
alvin