Re: copy knoppix sound card settings

Monique Y. Herman wrote:
On 2004-02-03, David Turner penned:

Hi debian gurus,

My first post to the list, so go easy on me. I am still a debian
newbie.

I have installed debian, and I am struggling to get my sound card
working.  lspci tells me I have a...

00:11.5 Multimedia audio controller: VIA Technologies, Inc.
VT8233/A/8235 AC97 Audio Controller (rev 50)

So I have been struggling with kernel rebuilds to get this sound
module loaded okay.

I have just run a cd-image of knoppix and it detected/ installed the
modules beautifully. (knoppix looks cool to me) and I had sound
playing straight away.

My question is: How do I copy the Knoppix configuration across to the
debian install? Is it possible to extract the .config from knoppix and
rebuild my kernel using that?

cheers,

What does 'lsmod' show on knoppix, where sound is working?

I also have ac97 sound, and on debian (2.4.24) I see this:

i810_audio             21436   1
ac97_codec             11444   0  [i810_audio]
soundcore               3268   2  [i810_audio]

These work for the OSS drivers; this is not for alsa.

david.

ps. debian kernel: 2.6.0 & knoppix kernel: 2.4.22 (I think)

Where can one see the devices installed in Linux (before mount them ) in Debian ( perhaps log file ; if so it's not very user-friendly ).

Regards.