Re: copy knoppix sound card settings

On 2004-02-03, David Turner penned:
> Hi debian gurus,
>
> My first post to the list, so go easy on me. I am still a debian
> newbie.
>
> I have installed debian, and I am struggling to get my sound card
> working.  lspci tells me I have a...
>
> 00:11.5 Multimedia audio controller: VIA Technologies, Inc.
> VT8233/A/8235 AC97 Audio Controller (rev 50)
>
> So I have been struggling with kernel rebuilds to get this sound
> module loaded okay.
>
> I have just run a cd-image of knoppix and it detected/ installed the
> modules beautifully. (knoppix looks cool to me) and I had sound
> playing straight away.
>
> My question is: How do I copy the Knoppix configuration across to the
> debian install? Is it possible to extract the .config from knoppix and
> rebuild my kernel using that?
>
> cheers,

What does 'lsmod' show on knoppix, where sound is working?

I also have ac97 sound, and on debian (2.4.24) I see this:

i810_audio             21436   1
ac97_codec             11444   0  [i810_audio]
soundcore               3268   2  [i810_audio]

These work for the OSS drivers; this is not for alsa.

--
monique