Re: -DLINUX=22 and -lperl

On Tue, 2004-02-03 at 15:01, Robert Cates wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm having a problem compiling mod_perl-1.29 as a DSO for Apache
> 1.3.29...
> It all starts ok, but then bombs out with the following error:
>
> perl/5.6.1/CORE -lperl -ldl -lm -lc -lcrypt
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lperl
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[1]: *** [libperl.so] Error 1
>
> What exactly is -lperl , and what do I need to do to get it?  Or
> should I ask - what do I need to do to correct list problem?

-lperl is an option being passed to gcc. the -l<libraryname> signifies
that you want to link against a given library. Usually the library is
located in /usr/lib. I'm guessing you just need to make sure you have
libperl5.x or an appropriate version of libperl installed.

apt-get install libperl5.8

> Also, I'm running Debian 3.0r1 with kernel 2.4.18-bf24, and I'm
> wondering why during the 'make' I see -DLINUX=22.?
> Shouldn't that be -DLINUX=24??  Where would I change that, if it
> should be changed?

Probably in a Makefile somewhere...I'm not sure where exactly.

Hopefully the little I know was helpful.

-davidc