Re: mozilla 1.5/1.6 and exotic fonts

V Po, 02. 02. 2004 v 22:23, Sebastiaan píše:
> Hi,
>
> I am having trouble displaying Chinese/Japanese pages correctly with
> Mozilla 1.5+. It was all working fine with 1.0 and former releases.
>
> For example: http://www.amazon.co.jp/
> Character encoding is detected correctly, and some kanji (no pictures) are
> displayed, but they are mixed with little squares containing 4 hexadecimal
> numbers.
>
> I have searched the internet for similar problems. It was advised to
> install xfonts packages (xfonts-intl-japanese, xfonts-intl-japanese-big),
> but that didn't help me.
>
> Strange thing is that it worked with 1.0.
>
> Any ideas?

amazon.co.jp looking flawlessly in my mozilla 1.5. I have following
exotic font packages installed:

ttf-arphic-*
ttf-baekmuk
ttf-kochi-*
ttf-xtt-wadalab-gothic
ttf-xwatanabe-mincho

Last three are japanese fonts.
I am using sarge with some other sources, so if you can't find these in
debian repositories, I'll send you my sources.list.

Mixi