mozilla 1.5/1.6 and exotic fonts

Hi,

I am having trouble displaying Chinese/Japanese pages correctly with
Mozilla 1.5+. It was all working fine with 1.0 and former releases.

For example: http://www.amazon.co.jp/
Character encoding is detected correctly, and some kanji (no pictures) are
displayed, but they are mixed with little squares containing 4 hexadecimal
numbers.

I have searched the internet for similar problems. It was advised to
install xfonts packages (xfonts-intl-japanese, xfonts-intl-japanese-big),
but that didn't help me.

Strange thing is that it worked with 1.0.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Sebastiaan

--

English written by Dutch people is easily recognized by the improper use of 'In principle ...'

The software box said 'Requires Windows 95 or better', so I installed Linux.

Als Pacman in de jaren '80 de kinderen zo had be?nvloed zouden nu veel jongeren rondrennen
in donkere zalen terwijl ze pillen eten en luisteren naar monotone electronische muziek.
(Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989)