Only 16 groups max with nss-ldap?

Hi,

I have a working setup with a ldap server hosting my unix accounts and
groups, and both the server and clients are running debian sarge.

The problem starts when I have users that are members of more that 16
groups.  with th 17th and up group all access is denied to directories
marked 770 and owned by that group.

Also, these groups are at the end of the list in the output of the "id" and
"members" commands.

Has anyone seen this before?

Also, I created a test with 20 groups on one system not using nss-ldap with
all users and groups in the /etc/ flat files and it all works as expected
(no permission denied messages).

Mike