Re: Saving mice from cats ...

On Sun, Feb 01, 2004 at 09:19:03AM +0100, David Baron wrote:
> One specific but there are others: apt-get one of the doom flavors. The only
> one that works on my system at all is Doon-legacy SDL. It will either work as
> a tiny window or full screen. Using the tiny window, if the mouse is enabled
> as an input to the game, the cat has eaten it. No mouse anywhere else.

Please don't break threading.  Have your MUA set those *followup-to
headers properly (I really don't understand these well), and at least
don't change the subject unless there is a very strong reason for doing
so.

Having said that, you'd probably do better reporting a bug to the
respective apps authors, and/or asking on the respective apps maillists.

Once I played some Solar System cruising simulator, and it grabbed the
mouse so that the mouse cursor was prevented from leaving the app
window.  I considered it a feature, and simply played it on a separate X
display, or closed the app when I wanted to do something different.
Minimizing helped, too, maybe.  I really can't remember quite clearly.

HTH

--
Jan Minar                   "Please don't CC me, I'm subscribed." x 9