Re: Turn Debian into a Desktop-System what to do

Alex Fitterling wrote:
I know what i want the thing is why can't debian do
I wish a desktop system and wish to get rid of cron and all other grab I do not want to see on my system. other distributions can do.. I seen it

you want cron. it runs number of tasks that are crucial for desktop system (like logrotate:-).

not sure what your reasons are but you shouldn't turn off crucial system services, dektop or not. It is OK to turn off specific services that you _know_ you don't want (e.g. telnet, ftp, apache etc.) but some services are important for a system to function (log, cron etc.). It is not debian specific (mostly), most unix systems work that way.

	erik